No. Etowah Valley Humane Society is not authorized to intake animals from the general public.

That designation goes to Bartow County Animal Control.

BCAC is the agency that picks up animals that have been abandoned, strayed, or surrendered by their owners. All of our homeless pets are rescued from BCAC. EVHS’s animals MUST have INTAKE papers from Bartow County Animal Control. We pull them based on adoptability and space availability at our facility.

To visit Bartow Animal Control’s Website: click here